An experienced 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund lawyer can help you obtain the compensation you deserve for your cancer or lung disease. At Borri Law Offices we have many years of experience with the September 11th Victim Compensation Fund and can:
- Determine whether your cancer or lung disease is a covered injury eligible for compensation;
- Determine whether your cancer is a “rare cancer,” not specifically listed as eligible, but in fact eligible for compensation;
- Determine whether your exposure is sufficient to qualify for compensation;
- Gather documentary evidence of your presence in the exposure zone on or after 9/11;
- Interview witnesses and draft persuasive certifications from family members, co-workers, neighbors, and/or friends, documenting your presence in the zone areas;
- Document the extent of your exposure to toxic dust, fumes and smoke from the World Trade Center site in the aftermath of 9/11;
- Document your injuries and treatment to make clear to the Victim Compensation Fund the extent of the injuries you have suffered as a result of exposure to 9/11-generated toxic materials;
- Appeal a decision of the September 11th Victim Compensation Fund in the event you claim is denied or your award is inadequate.
The process of gathering the documents and witness statements necessary to submit a compelling claim to the 9/11 Victim Fund is a daunting and often overwhelming task for many people. By hiring the experienced 9/11 Cancer Fund attorneys at Borri Law Offices you get the benefit of knowledgeable and experienced attorneys advising you and preparing and submitting a complete and compelling claim for compensation on your behalf.
911 Cancer Fund Lawyers at Borri Law Offices – Who We Are
Small Firm Attention. Big Firm Experience.
Borri Law Offices is a small litigation firm dedicated to giving personal and ethical service to our clients. Our office has 20 years of experience analyzing and litigating cases involving cancers and other diseases caused by toxic dust. The firm has been involved in thousands of such cases and has developed a wealth of experience in this area of law. Gregg J. Borri, lead attorney in the office with more than 30 years of litigation experience, is and was a resident of Lower Manhattan when the World Trade Center Towers were struck. He witnessed the attack, lived in Lower Manhattan in the aftermath, and viewed firsthand the dust and debris and its effects on workers and residents in Lower Manhattan.
Personal and Diligent Representation
Borri Law 911 Cancer Fund lawyers pride themselves in affording our clients personal attention. We will personally meet and speak with you in order to fully understand your experience so we can advocate on your behalf. Our skilled attorneys will walk you step by step through the process of submitting your 911 Cancer Fund claim. We investigate, contact witnesses and retrieve the necessary documentation to prove you were present in the area on or after 9/11 and conduct the work necessary to submit a compelling 911 Cancer Fund claim. We do not ask our clients to do all the work as do some other law firms, as we believe this leads to less favorable results.
Keeping in Touch with 9/11 VCF Reviewers and Abreast of Current Developments
Our 911 Cancer Fund lawyers know that the presentation of your claim is important in obtaining fair and full financial compensation for your pain, suffering and economic losses. The devil is in the details, and our lawyers work hard to make the most of your claim. Borri Law Office attorneys also attend monthly meetings with the Special Master of the September 11th Compensation Fund and other 9/11 advocates and attorneys in order to keep up with updates in the claims process and to fully understand how to get our clients the compensation they deserve.